As I write this post the radio is out and the front panel looks like a mess.

A peek behind the radio system last week looked like an wiring graveyard. The place was full of accumulated dust and used insulation tape everywhere. Unlabelled wires everywhere and weak connections.

Wiring

I spent today cleaning and re-doing the wiring and improving the overall appearance of that place.

image-panel

Dashboard situation diring working.

image-panel

Wiring reference connection image

image-wires

Untidy connection.

image-plates

B+ and ACC connection wires.

I fnished and tidied up the connections, ready for mounting back the radio system. I however want to extend the wires see how I can have the rado at the back of the car, since I only use it in AUX mode.

Radio System

The car came with a basic SONY Sound system with MP3, Android and CD Disk functionality. I opened up the radio and removed the CD setion which made it very light. I think I shaved off 200grams. The left over space can be used to hold a Raspberry pi or something close to this.

image

The radio runs off 12VDC and takes in 0.9A when in standby mode.

image